Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Blow up your baby

Everyone's up in arms over this. Apparently kids under the age of 2 are being prevented from boarding airplanes because their names match those of people on the no-fly list. They interviewed two mothers and they basically said the same thing:

"I completely understand the war on terrorism, and I completely understand people wanting to be safe when they fly," Sanden said. "But focusing the target a little bit is probably a better use of resources."

Then this other broad said this:

"I understand that security is important," Zapolsky said. "But if they're just guessing, and we have to give up our passport to prove that our 11-month-old is not a terrorist, it's a waste of their time."

Everybody "understands". Well that's a relief. Well understand this: the war on terrorism isn't limited to adult islamic men. Women can be suicide bombers too. And the elderly. And the handicapped. A wheelchair is a great place to hide a bomb (trust me, I know.) Now is not the time to get soft people! Babies are terrible, vicious creatures with highly radicalized political views. They must be stopped!

I know what you're thinking: don't be ridiculous, babies are cute and cuddly, they couldn't harm a fly. So to all these people who say that it's crazy to assume that a baby could be a danger, I give you this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google