Friday, March 31, 2006

Charlie Sheen is NOT off the hook


I don't know if you've followed the news about this, but I guess Charlie Sheen made some comments to the effect that 9/11 was orchestrated by the government.

There was even a debate about whether Google was censoring peoples' attempts to try and find information about the story.

That's fine, the man is entitled to his opinion.

But nobody has a right to go out and make a movie this bad.

I'm talking to you, Richard "Ditch" Brodie.

Maybe it's petty of me to be harping on a 12 year old movie nobody saw anyway. Sometimes it feels like nobody even remembers Terminal Velocity.

Well guess what, I remember. Parachutes. Stolen gold. The Russian Mafia. And I'm not willing to just let things go. I could sit here and spew venom, but I'm over it. It's done. I am leaving, my anger intact. I am bitter and I don't care.

I have been hurt and I could be the bigger man and forgive and forget, live and let live, but I have had enough. I am taking a stand. This is not alright. This is not OK.

This is a country based on freedom and justice for everyone who is rich and white and Charlie Sheen is both of those, so it's time for him to belly up to the bar and apologize.

I'm not even saying that will do it for me, I have a feeling it won't, but it's a start.

The Dixie Chicks have a new song that sums everything up about how I'm feeling over this whole Charlie Sheen business, I will leave you with those lyrics.

I’m not ready to make nice

I’m not ready to back down

I’m still mad as hell and

I don’t have time to go round and round and round

It’s too late to make it right

I probably wouldn’t if I could

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google