Monday, July 18, 2005

I finished!

Last night, I finished "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". Now here are all the spoilers. just kidding. My friend Pickles was about half-way through when he said, "It's good, but I kinda see where she's going with this one and I didn't with the others. But I'm hoping she'll trick me." I agreed with him, but having finished, she didn't really trick me. I'm not quick either. Oh sure, I can put people down and write stupid stories that don't make any sense, but when it comes to figuring out movies or books, I'm the one going "wait, who's that guy?" But this time, I had the question of the title by page 300 or so. And for the sake of those who haven't read it yet, what I will phrase as the 'big mystery', was confirmed for me very early on. I would really love to discuss why I think she has done this but I don't want to give too much away. Let me just say that I think this book is very transitional. It's the act 2 of the 3 act movie structure. Nothing's going right and now we have to see if it will all be resolved. Which is very annoying when you know the next book is two years away. I remember reading the green mile when it came out in serialized version and you only had to wait a few weeks for those. That was hard enough. I really want to know what happens next. Which in spite of this book's few failings, is really what redeems it. Alot of these books in the series leave you wanting more but this one especially gives you a big "What the fuck?" moment. Trust me. So ovearll I would give it a definite recommendation but if you haven't read the whole series, definitely get caught up before tackling this one.
In other news, yesterday I went out in a boat. I took some dramaine and that really seemed to do the trick both in the car and at sea. We just went out into the salt pond with some friends, pretty laid back. It got really cloudy, which is fine with me, as I hate the sun. But the weird thing is, I woke up today and my voice was definitely a little stronger. Maybe it was all the sea air. I'm not sure. But it was really kind of odd. Almost "miraculous". It's not like I sound like my old self, but it was definitely noticable to me and my family. Overnight.
Well anyway, that's what I'm up to, haven't written a real entry in a while so I figured I'd give you all a treat.
Take care,
eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google