Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm just joshin'!


This isn't a blog so much as it is me expressing my intent to let everyone know I have a new catchphrase. And here it is:

"I'm just joshin'!"

It means, "I'm just joking" or "I'm just kidding".

"Joshin'" means "kidding", I guess.

So, for example, if you invite me to your show and I go and afterwards you're like "thanks for coming, Eric. What did you think?" and I am like "I can't believe you made me drag my ass out here to watch this piece of shit. Seriously, you should just quit. Maybe you could go to law school or something?" if I were to do that, I'd be a dick, right?

BUT, if you invite me to your show and I go and afterwards you're like "thanks for coming, Eric. What did you think?" and I am like "I can't believe you made me drag my ass out here to watch this piece of shit. Seriously, you should just quit. Maybe you could go to law school or something? I'm just joshin'!" then it's a funny joke.

These are the rules of comedy, I didn't make them up. I'm as helpless as you are when it comes to the way things are. We could try to fight it, but like Bruce Springsteen sang, "That's just the way it is, some things will never change". And he was right.

So, to sum up:

a.) you aren't funny
2.) you should quit
d.) I am much better then you
four.) seriously, give up

I'm just joshin'! You guys are great, I've never seen that before, in a show, before. You know, that thing you did, up there. That was hilarious. Seriously, no I'm not just saying that. You're great. What's that? No, you're right, yeah, totally. So many people in LA just want to hear you tell them how great they are, but not you. Not us? Oh thanks man, I really appreciate you including me in that, seriously. Great. What? Oh, no, nobody told me about a party. Shit, yeah, I'd love to, but I gotta go to this thing tomorrow. What's that? Oh, it's my pilates class. 6 a.m. Yeah, it sucks but this body takes work. Heh, yeah, I hear that. Alright dude, I gotta jet. No, I mean it, awesome. Hey, take care, have fun at that party. Keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google