Saturday, February 18, 2006

Today, I met Steve Guttenberg


Actually, I thought it was him, but it wasn't. Today I went to Disneyland for the first time in 2 years. I had been to Disney World plenty of times (actually, 26 times in 15 months) but it's just not the same.

For the uninitiated, Disney World is not just a bigger version of Disneyland. They are entirely different. I'm not gonna geek out and list the reasons why, but I will just say that I now like Disneyland better.

If you know me, you are aware this is an abrupt, about-face from my earlier position on the subject. Maybe it's the result of certain changes in my life. Maybe it's the heart surgery I went through. Maybe it's 9/11. Maybe it's the fact that if you go to a place 26 times in 15 months you get sick of it.

You want to know the real reason? It's the bread bowls. Namely, the lack of these wonderful inventions at Disney World. Whether this is indicative of greater problems relating to supply and demand, globalization, the internet in modern classrooms or what, I don't know.

All I know is, it's unacceptable that you would pay 60 bucks a day to enter a place that only has plastic recepticles for any soup you would wish to eat.

That, my friends, is a ripoff.

(Oh, and yes that's a picture of me and my cousin on the Buzz Lightyear ride and yes, she's kicking my ass, but then again, every six year old in the joint was kicking my ass. I suck. I had heart surgery, it's not my fault.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google